Why your IPhone flashlight not working: All the phones now has a Flashlight. It is very helpful in case of some emergency situation. It also comes in handy as a quick and convenient light source.
But we all know that none of the electronics things are permanent. So even the iPhone’s flashlight can sometimes fail to work.
If you notice that the flashlight icon on your iPhone has turned gray and cannot be accessed. Or you can try to get the iPhone model you are working on again when the iPhone flashlight not working.
Fix how the iPhone flashlight not working
There may be several reasons why the iPhone flashlight function is not working. Usually a software bug or error fixes the feature. Again many times the exact cause reveals itself only with the corresponding fix. So you can’t understand its error all the time.
If this is the case then maybe you can try one of the following methods. In most cases, if we apply some strategy, it starts working.
Then read the list below carefully and follow the steps to fix the flashlight problem of an iPhone which is not working.
- The first thing you can do is close the camera app. Running the camera app on your iPhone can create a conflict between the camera flash and the flashlight, which is never desirable. Since the camera and flashlight use the same bulb, they cannot be used at the same time.
- Keep in mind that the solution to most of your smartphone problems is to restart the device once. Then restart the device on your iPhone once without delay.
Many times software problems and bugs can be fixed simply by restarting the device. This resets some temporary settings that may have corrupted the app’s features.
- Perform a hard reset on the phone once the task is not performed in the above two ways. Just a basic restart is sometimes not enough to solve a problem. In some cases hard reset solves many problems of the phone. If there is a glitch in the settings of an application, it is easily reset. Hard reset is a more powerful reset by which the phone gains speed and smoothness like new.
- Try resetting iPhone settings. But don’t be afraid, because it doesn’t delete your personal data or apps. Rather, it resets the iPhone to its default settings. As a result, several apps, flashlights, etc. can work properly again.
However, keep in mind that resetting the iPhone settings may delete your wallpapers, screensavers, ringtones, etc. and go to the default state.
- Factory settings are probably a more extreme, time-consuming solution to fix the flashlight on the iPhone. This fixes the flawed flashlight feature on an iPhone. So try restoring your device to factory settings once. If this is not the case then maybe you have a hardware problem.
Note that a factory reset deletes all the data on your iPhone, so back up your data before performing a factory reset. This is extremely important.
- If you have a previous backup on your iPhone, restore it. Recovering an iPhone from a backup is a relatively easy way to repair lost or corrupted data. Many times this is also the reason why the flashlight feature does not work on the iPhone.
- If any of the above does not solve your flashlight problem, you should contact Apple Support immediately. You will notice that the flashlight is not on even though the flashlight button is normal.
This is definitely a hardware issue. So you need to contact Apple Store or take the phone to a licensed Apple Device repair outlet.
Now if your iPhone device is still under warranty, you will be able to repair it for free.
Remember, if you think that the flashlight error is a hardware problem, do not try to fix it yourself. Because doing so may void any warranty on your phone. This can make the problem worse, and you’ll need to fix the iPhone at your own expense, which is a good thing.
Conclusion for iphone flashlight not working issue
I hope the information provided is helpful to you in understanding How to fix iPhone flashlight not working issue?
Thank you for reading this article. If you would like to read more informative articles like this, please visit our website.