If you use Snapchat regularly, you likely have several recents saved in your recents tab.
If you want to save storage space on your phone or simply want to clear some space on your Snapchat app, you can quickly and easily clear all of your recents by following these steps below.
Snapchat keeps a record of everybody you snap with, chat with, or add in your Recents.
But sometimes this record may be inconvenient to maintain, especially if you chat with a lot of people. Or there’s a record you don’t want a significant other to see.
Also Read : What does pending mean on snapchat?
How to Remove Recents on Snapchat
While Snapchat auto-deletes Snaps and Chats, there’s always a way to get a hold of them again. Find out how to erase the entire list of Recents in your Snapchat history and create a new history.
How to Clear Recents on Snapchat on iPhone
Clearing your Recents from Snapchat involves removing your History. If you don’t have a History, you have no Recents to remove. You should start by clearing your conversations:
- First open the Snapchat app on your device.
- To open the Settings menu, tap on the gear icon.
- Now scroll down to the ‘Account Actions section’. Select Clear Conversations.
- You can delete individual conversations by tapping the (X) to the right of each conversation.
- To clear all conversations at once, tap the ‘Clear All’ option near the top of the screen.
You can also do a more thorough cleaning by clearing your Snapchat search history too.
1. To clear search history first go to the Profile and tap on the gear icon to open Settings.
2. Find ‘Clear Search History’ option and tap on it.
3. Confirm this. Now all search history will be cleared.
How to Clear Recents from Snapchat on Android
Your Snapchat recents are just a list of your app activities. Where snaps from the conversation are recorded. You cannot delete the list itself. But you can delete conversations and search history.
To delete Conversations:
1. First open your Snapchat on your device.
2. Now go to the Profile and tap on the gear icon to open Settings.
3. Scroll down and find ‘Clear Conversations’. Now tap on it.
4. You can delete individual conversations by tapping the (X) to the right of each conversation. Or you can use the Clear All option near the top of the screen.
To delete Search history:
1. Go Settings menu.
2. Scroll down and find ‘Clear Search History’. Now tap on it.
3. Confirm this action.
Also Read: How to make a private story on Snapchat
How to Clear Recents on Snapchat on Chromebook
It is relatively simple to clear Snapchat Recents on Chromebook, just like it is on Apple iPhones and Android devices.
- Go to your Settings menu and select Clear Conversations, then select individual conversations to delete or clear them all at once. Don’t forget that they can’t be retrieved once you delete conversations.
- If you want a thorough cleaning, you can also delete your search history.
- Select the Clear Search History option from your Settings menu once again. Confirm the action and your search history will be cleared!
How to Clear Recents on Snapchat on Windows and Mac
You’re probably using an emulator to run Snapchat on a Windows or Mac. There’s no other way to run it. This social media app does not have a dedicated web page for browsers, unlike other social media apps.
You can clear your Conversations and Search history by following the steps above, but there’s no guarantee that it will work. Snapchat was built for mobile use, so the emulator simulation might be a bit “iffy.” If this doesn’t work, you may have to use the old-fashioned method of clearing Recents on your smartphone.
How to Clear Recents and Best Friends on Snapchat
Best friends on Snapchat are people you interact with the most in the app. They are marked as such with emojis once you spend some time interacting with them.
Like Snapchat’s recents, you cannot delete someone from Best Friend directly. You must work around it somehow. Voici a few options:
1. Communicate with them less.
2. Make interactions with other people happen more so that you won’t be influenced by your peers as much.
3. do not send or receive snaps with the person.
4. block and unblock them on the app to recalibrate their score.
To delete an individual message, you can swipe it to the left and then press the delete button.
What does streaks mean on Snapchat?
Have you seen a fire emoji next to the name of one of your snapchat friends? This means that you and your friend are on a Snapstreek.
These snapstrics happen when you and that friend snap each other for more than three consecutive days. The median time between each snap should be less than 24 hours. Chat does not count when depositing points towards Snapstreek.
How do you view old Snapchat conversations?
After users open and leave the chat, sent one by one, the chats are automatically deleted by Snapchat. You only have 24-hours to change the deletion rules in chat settings. However, the app’s servers automatically delete any unopened chats after 30 days. Chat needs to be pressed and held to save chats. Thus, it is not possible to read old conversations unless they can be stored in the allotted time.
What does rescents mean in snapchat?
Recents are a list of everyone you’ve interacted with or added on Snapchat, and with snaps and chats. You can think of it as a virtual scrapbook of all your Snapchat interactions. But streaks recall more specific types of interactions.
How long are there resents on Snapchat?
As long as you have a Snapchat account, resents stay on Snapchat. The app keeps all the interactions recorded even if the actual Snaps and chats go long ago.
How do you clear your Snapchat history?
To clear Snapchat history, first open your Snapchat. Then tap the Gear icon on the profile screen and go to the Settings menu. Then scroll down and select ‘Clear Search History’ and press Confirm.