How to delete a Discord server | How to uninstall a Discord server
If you’ve recently started a new Discord server, your task is rather simple. You might not have a large number of people to monitor because you’re just hosting a few of your Discord friends.
This can alter as your community grows larger and moderation becomes more critical.
While certain Discord bots can help make moderating a little easier, it still takes time, which you may not have.
You might also be having other troubles with the platform, such as privacy concerns or a slow streaming bitrate, in which case Discord Nitro can help.
Whatever your issues are, if you’ve become tired of your Discord server, it may be time to hand it over or deactivate it totally.
This is what you’ll need to do if you want to know how to delete a Discord server.
Also Read : HOW TO UNBAN SOMEONE ON DISCORD (7 simple steps)
Transferring Discord server ownership
There may be another way to transfer the burden before you take the severe step of closing a Discord server.
You can give another user full control over a Discord server by transferring ownership to them. They will be able to update, edit, and moderate it in the future.
You will no longer have any guaranteed control over the server as a result of this. If you subsequently want to create other users moderators or administrators, for example, you’ll only be able to do so if the new owner gives you permission.
After that, you won’t be able to delete the server because only the new server owner will be able to do so.
- Open the Discord desktop software or go to the Discord website to transfer ownership of a server. After you’ve signed in, go to the top-left and select your server name, then select Server Settings.
- Press the Members option on the left, situated under the User Management category, in the Discord server settings menu.
- You’ll find a list of server members in the following menu. Hover your cursor over the user you want to transfer ownership to, then press the right-hand three-dots menu icon.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Transfer Ownership option.
- You’ll be asked to confirm that you want to transfer ownership on Discord. If you’re certain, click the slider, then confirm by clicking the Transfer Ownership button.
- After confirmation is received, the new owner’s name will appear in the Discord members list with a crown next to it. The server roles you had prior to the ownership transfer will determine how much access you have left.
While you won’t be able to reverse the change, the new owner will be able to transfer ownership back to you.
However, this is only achievable if they are willing. Make sure you’re certain about your decision before transferring ownership, as you may not be able to reverse it.
How to delete a Discord server on a Pc / Mac?
If you’re certain you’d rather uninstall your Discord server completely, the process is simple for desktop users.
These instructions apply to both Discord on the web and the Discord desktop software for Windows and Mac.
- To begin, sign in to the Discord app or website. Click the server name in the drop-down menu, then select Server Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Delete Server option at the bottom of the left-hand menu in the Discord server settings menu.
- Before you may delete your Discord server, you must first confirm that you want to do so. To do so, write in your server’s entire name, then confirm by clicking Delete Server.
- You won’t be able to go back in time, so make sure you want to do it before you confirm your decision.
Your server will be removed from Discord after confirmation is received. All server members (including yourself) will be unable to view or access it, resulting in the deletion of all shared messages and material.
How to delete a Discord server on mobile device
You can also delete your server in the Discord app if you prefer to use Discord on an Android, iPhone, or iPad device.
The same conditions apply—you won’t be able to recover your Discord server after it’s been wiped, so make sure you’re ready.
- To delete your Discord server, open the Discord app on your smartphone. To enter the menu panel, tap the hamburger menu symbol in the top-left corner.
2. Select your server by touching the server icon on the left if you aren’t already there. Tap the three-dots menu icon next to your server name at the top after you’re active on it.
3. A menu will display at the bottom of your screen. To enter the Discord server settings menu, tap the Settings icon.
4. Tap the three-dots menu icon in the top-right corner of the Discord server settings menu. Tap Delete Server from the drop-down menu to start the server deletion process.
5. You must confirm your want to delete your server. If you’re certain, press Delete to confirm your decision.
Discord will deactivate your server after it has been confirmed. All server members will be removed, as well as any saved or shared content.
It is impossible to undo the deletion of a Discord server. If you’ve decided to deactivate your Discord server, think about other options first, such as ownership transfer.
You may find that alternative platforms, such as Slack, are more suited to your needs if your Discord server is destroyed.
Setting up a new Slack account and getting started on the platform is simple. You can start making Slack calls and sending private messages to your colleagues and friends after you’ve connected to a server.
However, don’t forget to enable Slack’s two-factor authentication to keep your account safe.
We hope that this article has given you a better understanding of the problem How to delete a Discord server. For more information like this keep visiting our website.