How to delete your TikTok account:You have other options than just deleting your TikTok profile if you need a break from the TikTok community.
You can also block other users from finding your account, delete the TikTok application from your phone, and control who can comment on your videos.
You can temporarily deactivate your TikTok profile for a time. If you want to know the process of How to delete your Tiktok account permanently, this guide will help you.
You cannot delete your TikTok account. All your data will be permanently deleted.
How to delete your TikTok account?
Users used to have to contact TikTok customer service to delete their TikTok accounts.
The recent update makes this process much easier. Users can now delete their TikTok accounts with just one click.
You will need to add a phone line to delete your TikTok account. The app will send you a verification via registered phone number. To verify your account, you can add a TikTok phone number.
You can skip this step if you already have your TikTok phone number.
TikTok: Adding a phone number
- Start the Tiktok App on your Smartphone.
- Tap on the profile icon “Me” in the lower right corner. Log in to your account if you’re not logged in.
- Tap on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. Next, tap on Account settings > Manage my account.
- Find the “Phone number” option on Manage my account and tap it.
- Next, enter your phone number into the text field. The app will send you an OTP code (One Time Password), to verify your number.
Step to Delete Your TikTok Account
Let’s delete TikTok accounts now that we have added a verified number to our account.
- Start your TikTok app and tap the profile icon at the bottom of the screen.
- To open hidden menus, tap the three vertical dots from your profile page.
- Select Manage my account from the Settings menu.
- Find the Delete account button on the page, and click on it.
- Next, verify your phone number. To do this, add the OPT code you received on your mobile phone to the Verification Textbox at the account deletion page.
- To complete the deletion of your TikTok account, click on the Continue button.
Notice: The account can’t be recovered once it has been deleted from TikTok. You can’t recover any information from your TikTok account, such as comments made to a video. You should think twice about deleting your TikTok profile.
Some Alternatives ways to Delete a TikTok account
You don’t have to delete your TikTok profile if you don’t want your Fans or your content on TikTok.
You can also choose to delete a TikTok profile if you’re taking a break from TikTok.
Because the video-sharing platform has advanced options, you can keep your account and remain completely anonymous on the platform.
You don’t have to delete your TikTok profile.
These are some alternatives to deactivating a TikTok account:
Make your account private
TikTok accounts are public by default when you create them. You can change some privacy settings to make it private.
The app allows you to restrict who can send you a request, who can view your content and who can comment on it.
Here’s how to make your TikTok account private: Go to Tiktok Feed > Settings > Privacy and Safety > Toggle on Private Account
Open your TikTok account. Next, tap on the Me icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
Next, tap on the three vertical dots located in the upper right corner. Next, select Privacy and safety from the menu.
Toggle Private Account from the Privacy and Safety page.
Stop other users from finding your information
You are blocking users from finding you if you disable the Allow others to locate me option.
You will not be able to find the recommended users to follow the page via TikTok.
You can prevent others from finding you by going to Tiktok Feed > Settings > Privacy and Safety > Turn off Allow others find me.
If you do not want to appear in follower suggestions, you can change the setting.
Monitor User Engagement
You can restrict who can contact you in TikTok. You can filter Safety features such as: Who can comment, who can send me messages, who can reply to my videos and who can duet.
If you do not want to receive messages from TikTok users that you don’t know, you can set the settings to Just Friends.
To stop user engagement, you can turn the safety option off.
Tiktok Feed > Your Profile > Settings > Privacy and Safety > Safety
After you have deleted your TikTok account:
- All your fans, comments, and content will be lost.
- The account that you have deleted will not be able to log into your TikTok account.
- You will not be able to get a refund if you purchased items using premium service.
- Other people will see the messages you leave on chats or content.
How do I delete someone else’s TikTok account?
You will not be allowed to delete another TikTok account. TikTok won’t let you access other accounts without their username or password.
It is best to have their username and password so that you can delete their TikTok accounts.
If you wish to delete their TikTok account, however, there are options. To do so, you can use a TikTok feature called Report.
You must have strong or reliable reasons to report a user. To do this, you will need the support of 10 TikTok users.
Follow the steps below to learn how you can delete someone else’s TikTok profile.
Report Someone else TikTok account 2022
- Open TikTok app
- Click on the Discover icon with the “Magnifying Glass” icon.
- Next, click on the search box to enter the username that you wish to report.
- Click on the username in the search results and then open their profile.
- Click on the Three Vertical Dots to open their profile.
- A pop-up box will appear on your screen.
- Click on the Report button and the Flag icon.
- You can tap on Other after you have selected a reason.
- Finally, click the Submit button.
This is how to report an account. You can also ask your friend or other users to report the account to remove someone else’s TikTok profile from TikTok.
Conclusion for How to delete your TikTok account
Here’s the step-by-step guide for How to delete your TikTok account. You can choose to delete all data or to look for other options to delete your account.
Did you find this article useful? You can reach me in the comments section if you have any questions about the topic. For more information on TikTok, visit our website.