Fortnite is one of the most popular online Battle Royale games at the moment. It has gained huge popularity only after the player unknown battle ground.
But a big responsibility for the safety of the players comes on the epic game, the creator of the game.
The developers have already announced that the safety of the players comes first for them.
So two-factor authentication or 2FA has been introduced in Fortnite. Because the number of hacking attacks and data breaches is increasing day by day.
Fortnite is an online multiplayer battle royale game created by Epic Games. It is now available on almost all platforms.
So let’s not waste time, let’s see how we will introduce two-factor aithentication or 2FA on Fortnite and make our Fortnite account more secure. The details are given below:
What is Fortnite 2FA?
Fortnite is two factor authentication and how to enable it.
Two Factor Authentication or 2FA for short is basically a way to keep your Fortnite account more secure. Since Fortnite has now become a very popular battle royal game.
Hackers here always try to hack your account. And tries to get access to your favourite skins with her as well. So you should enable 2FA to stop unwanted intruders into your account.
How does Fortnite 2fa work?
Whenever someone tries to access your Fortnite account from a new device, he or she has to give proof that it’s not you or someone else.
That’s why you need to input a code sent by Epic games to the accountholder so that it’s proven to be an original login.
This code can also be sent to you by email or via an authentication app. You will choose the option you like.
As long as you give someone else a 2FA code, your account will be fully protected.
How many ways can you enable 2FA at firtnite?
There are three options available to you to enable 2FA at Fortnite. They are (1) Authentication App, (2) SMS Authentication and (3) Email Authentication. Select an option as per your convenience and follow the following steps:
- Authentication app: First you need to download and install a authentication app on your phone from the App Store. Open the app and scan the QR code. Then a verification code will appear in the app. Enter this code in the browser of your choice and click on the ‘Activate’ option.
- SMS Authentication: Enter your mobile number by selecting the country code of the phone according to your country. Then click on the ‘Send Code’ option. You will receive a verification code via an SMS. Enter this code in the browser of your choice and click on the ‘Activate’ option.
- Email Authentication: Your verification code will be sent to the email address with which you signed in to epic game. Enter this code and click on the Continue option, finally click on the done option. 2fa has been activated in your Fortnite.
How to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) in Fortnite?
Two-factor authentication or 2FA is a highly implicit way to add more security to your Fortnite account.
Breaking this 2FA is a difficult task for hackers. That’s why you should definitely turn on 2FA on your Fortnite account right now.
To find out “How to enable two-factor authentication or 2FA in your Fortnite account”, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, go to the Epic Games website. (Click here) then sign in with your Fortnite account.
- After signing in, go to the top right corner of your username. Then click on account option.
- Now click on password and security section. Here you will find the two-factor authentication option.
(Note: You can enable 2FA with any one of the three methods mentioned earlier.) (e.g., email authentication, SMS authentication, and authentication app.) ))