Discord has made a good place in social messaging apps. Discord is a fun app for chatting with friends.
But sometimes users may have to mute or turn off their audio if needed. Now the question is How to mute someone on Discord ? Find out the way to read the article in full.
Discord is a popular social media and communication platform. It is used to connect with people. Its popularity is increasing day by day. Some of its mind-blowing features are:-
- You can chat with your friends through the Discord app.
- If there is some discussion on the voice channel, you can do it.
- You can livestream your favorite games.
Sometimes, one can see a wide variety of things during voice chats. For example: Many people make unwanted noises, others around them also talk.
This really becomes a distraction for you and everyone else in the voice channel. The best way to avoid such a situation is to mut those who are making unwanted noises.
After you mute a person, you can’t hear the person saying something to you through the voice channel.
The Discord app has put its users with the option to mute a person’s audio on the voice channel. So, you can easily mute a person.
Below is a tutorial on How to mute someone to Discord – some of the simple steps.
How to mute someone on Discord?
How to mute someone on Discord For mobile discord users
- First open the Discord application on your mobile device.Then you will see the menu icon in the top left corner of the screen, tap here.
- After clicking, you will see all the servers that are part of it. Select the server icon on the left side of the screen to open it.
- Now, select the voice channel where the person you want to mute is present.
- Select the person you want to mute after coming to the voice channel and turn on the ‘mute’ switch (toggle to the right). That’s it. You will no longer hear any sound from the muted person.
How to mute someone on Discord For discord users on PC
- First, open the Discord application on your desktop.
- Then, go to the voice channel where you want to silence a person and he is present there.
- Right-click on that person’s profile.
- Search for the mute button on the menu that appears after right clicking.
- After selecting this mute button, the person will become mut.
If you want to unmute them for some reason, repeat these steps and untick the mute option at the end. You can hear any of that person’s words.
FAQs on How to mute someone on Discord
Q1. How to mute everyone on the discord server?
If you own a server in Discord or you have administrator permission, you have the ability to mute everyone on that Discord server.
Right-click your server bubble on the left side of the screen to mute everyone. Then choose the ‘Mute Server’ option.
Now, select the option that you want to mut everyone. Finally, you’ve now been able to mute everyone on that Discord channel.
Q2. How to mute messages to Discord?
Muting someone’s audio means that only that person’s voice cannot be heard. But that person can still send you messages. If you want to mute someone’s message in Discord, follow the steps below:
- First open the Discord app and click on the Discord logo you can see in the upper left corner of your page.
- Now select the person you want to mute and right-click on his name. Select the ‘Mute’ option from the menu that will appear next.
- Now your job is to choose how long you want to mute that person. There are some available options from 15 minutes to 24 hours. Choose as you like from now on. Here you can also permanently mute their messages.
Q3. What is the difference between muting and blocking a discord user?
When you mute someone on a voice channel in discord, you won’t be able to listen to any of that person’s audio. However, they can still send you any text message and also communicate with you.
If you block someone in Discord, you won’t be able to see any of their posts. That person will not be able to send you a message and will not be able to communicate with you.
2 thoughts on “How to mute someone on Discord ? Easy Method ”
So you are a man or woman?
Where there is a will, there is a way.