Recovery mode is your ticket to a clean start
What do we know from this article?
For Intel Macs:
First press the power button on your laptop. Then hold down the Command + R button until the Apple logo arrives. Now select the ‘Reinstall macOS Monterey’ option.
For M1 Macs:
Hold down the power button. Until the startup options menu is displayed. Then click on the Gear icon labeled option. Then continue > select the ‘Reinstall macOS Monterey’ option.
For a completely new install of macOS Monterey:
Go to recovery mode first. Then click on the Disk Utility option. Then click on the erase option. Then you need to select the right hard drive. Click on the “Reinstall macOS” option.
By reading this article you will learn how to reinstall Macs Monterey on both Macs. You can also get detailed information about when to reinstall macOS Monterey.
How to reinstall macOS Monterey?
If you need to reinstall macOS Monterey, you won’t need to delete your data. If you want to sell or trade your Mac device, check out the tips below. Without deleting all your data, here are the steps to reinstall Mac’s operating system.
If you’ve already done a new installation of macOS and you want to sell on your Mac, you can delete all data on your Mac device. The procedure for how to do this is given below:
- Hold down the power button on the M1-based Mac until the menu is first displayed, then enter recovery mode.
- For Intel-based Macs, press the power button first. Then hold the Command+R until the Apple logo is displayed.
- After that, you will see the ‘Reinstall macOS Monterey’ option, select it.
You don’t need too much interaction here. So the system will automatically reinstall the latest version of macOS Monterey on your device.
How do I install a clean macOS Monterey?
If you want to install macOS Monterey completely clean, you need to delete your Mac’s disk. To do this, turn on the Recovery Mode menu on your Mac device.
Keep in mind that reinstalling an operating system takes a considerable amount of time. If you don’t have enough time, don’t start this process.
- For Intel-based Macs, press the power button first. Hold command+R until the Apple logo is displayed.
If you want to enter recovery mode for M1-based Macs, hold down the power button until the menu is displayed.
- Now in recovery mode, select the disk utility option.
- Click on the Delete option. Now select the hard disk on which you want to install your operating system. Doing so will erase all data from the hard drive on your device, including the old operating system.
When will you reinstall macOS Monterey?
There are several reasons to reinstall your macOS Monterey. The first and most obvious reason is to remove any potentially corrupted files. Again sometimes, even when installing updates, files can be corrupted. So, if this happens, you must reinstall macOS Monterey to solve those problems.
Another reason why you will reinstall macOS Monterey is if you want to sell your Mac. By doing so, it is possible to completely delete all your data. Therefore, reinstalling the operating system may prepare the system for the next person without risking the disclosure of your data or apps.
How long does it take to reinstall macOS?
It never takes all day to reinstall macOS. But if you install your computer instead of completely removing it, it’s quick. You are expected to take a maximum of 45 minutes.
How do I reinstall macOS Big Sur from Monterey?
You can easily transfer your Mac system from Monterey to Big Tune if your Mac comes from macOS Big Sur Preinstall. To boot your Mac into recovery mode, use the Shift + Option + Command + R ei shortcut. Then select the re-install macOS Big Sur option from utility selector options.
How is it possible to reinstall macOS from a USB drive?
You’ll need to create a bootable installer with a USB drive that will let you reinstall macOS. Even if you don’t have an internet connection, you can reinstall.
To do this, first, download the installer from Apple and then put it in your application folder.
When you restart your computer in recovery mode, you can choose a USB drive to install macOS. This method allows you to return your Mac to the older versions of macOS.
How do I reset my macOS with Monterey?
How to Reset Your Mac with MacOs Monterey:
1. Open the System Preferences app on your Mac.
2. Click System Preferences on the menu bar in the top left corner.
3. Select Delete all content and settings from the drop-down menu.
4. Enter your password and click OK when requested.
5. Another pop-up will appear, asking you to confirm that you want to delete everything from your Mac.
6. Click on the Erase All Content & Settings button.