How to remove a remembered account on instagram: Your device remembers the login credentials of your Instagram account.
This makes it convenient for users to log back into their accounts after logging out.
However, some users prefer to remove Instagram remembered accounts from their phones.
When you re-open the Instagram app after logging out, you don’t have to enter your login details for a second time. You will get the continue option, if you click on it, your account will be logged in.
For this option, anyone using your device can access your Instagram account.
In this guide, you’ll learn How to remove a remembered account on instagram.
Here we have mentioned 3 easy ways to delete a remembered Instagram account from your phone.
Also Read: How to Mute Someone on Instagram
Remove a remembered account on instagram
- Log in to the account you want to remove. Do you use multiple Instagram accounts and want to stop remembering one of them? So keep double-tapping your profile icon at the bottom-right until the profile you want to remove is activated.
Note: If you are not signed in with the account you want to remove, log in to this account first. To do this, first go to your Instagram profile. You’ll see three lines on the right side at the top, tap here. After tapping on these 3 lines, select Settings. Scroll down and click on the Add Account option. Tap the ‘Log in to existing account’ option. Now select the account you want to remove to sign in to.
- After opening the account, go to your profile again. Click again on the top-right three horizontal lines menu.
- Then click on the Settings menu. You will find this option at the top of the menu.
- Scroll down to the settings menu and click the security option.
- Tap on the ‘Saved login information’ option.
- Swipe the switch to turn off “Saved login information”. Toggling this switch removes this account’s login information from Instagram, and your stored log-in details on the keychann (iPhone/iPad) or your Android.
- Click on the remove option. The switch will turn gray, indicating that Instagram is no longer storing your login information. But not all your work is done yet.
- Tap the Back button or (X) twice to go back to settings.
- Scroll downwards and tap on the Log Out option. You can find it in the “Logins” section.
- Now select the account and tap the log out option. A pop-up asking if you want to remember the login information will appear.
- To stop remembering the account, select the nine option now. Another confirmation message will be displayed.
- Tap final log out. Instagram will no longer remember the login details of the signed-out account.
However, this account will no longer be displayed on the Instagram sign-in screen.
But the username and password may have been saved on your phone or tablet.
This will result when you log in to Instagram in the future (even in a web browser. Such as: Google Chrome) can then show the username and password as a suggestion.
By applying the techniques shown below, you can delete the stored login information of the instagram account from the keychen (iPhone/iPad) or Chrome (Android).
How to remove a remembered account on instagram on the iPhone:
On Android devices, Instagram offers the ‘Remove’ option directly on its home page.
But almost all functions in the iPhone work differently. You need to change it by going to the Instagram Settings menu.
When you try to logout from your Instagram account, it shows up in Instagram Home. With a single tap, you can open your account.
Follow the steps below to remove accounts that Instagram remembers.
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone and login with your account details.
- Then go to the Accounts tab. You will find the hamburger menu in the top right corner, tap here.
- Now go to Settings, go to security options. Navigate to the login information stored here.
- Now, swipe the toggle left of the login information saved from the following.
- This time Instagram will ask you to confirm your decision. Select Remove from the menu that will pop-up the following.
- Now use the back arrow in the top right corner to go back to the Instagram settings menu.
- Scroll downwards and select Log out from the current account.
- Instagram will ask you to remember or forget current account information. Select No Now from the following pop-up menu.
- Confirm your decision and tap log out.
This is how you have successfully logged out of your Instagram account without any trace. Next time, Instagram will ask for your account password for the login method.
Also Read: How to see who saved your Instagram posts
Remove a remembered account on instagram from Chrome
- First, open the Chrome app on your device. Even after removing your account from Instagram, its username and password may still be stored on your device. You can easily delete unnecessary passwords from Chrome.
Note: Deleting the saved login details from Chrome ensures that this Instagram account is not available in ‘saved passwords’ in Chrome on your device.
- Go to Crome’s settings menu.
- Tap password. You’ll find it in basics options.
- Click on the “View and manage saved passwords” option on your Google Account. Then your password manager will open.
- Find the Instagram account you want to remove. Clicking on it will display a “Delete” option at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Delete option. This way you can delete the saved login and password from the crome.
Deleting a remembered login from Instagram does not mean that your Instagram account has been permanently deleted.
If you want to delete your account completely, you can do so from your Instagram settings under the Help > Help Center.