How to Remove Phone Number from Instagram: Instagram provides a platform to connect with friends and family just like Facebook. Searching with phone numbers or user names on Instagram can easily find someone.
Now you wanted to be personal. Your contacts may not find your account in Instagram using your phone number.
If your phone number is on someone else’s contact list, they will easily find you on Instagram. Also, if you have your phone number on their contact list, Instagram will display your profile to users as ‘Suggestion for you’.
Now the question is”How to Remove Phone Number from Instagram ?” Don’t worry, you can easily hide your account from people who have your phone number on the Contact list. You can easily delete your phone number from your Instagram.
So, to help you, we have a small article. Which you can easily remove phone number from Instagram if you follow it correctly.
It does not disclose your contact details to anyone or let anyone know your phone number. The platform allows people to find their contacts on Instagram account only.
But, if you don’t want people to find you on Instagram…
You can remove your phone number from Instagram to avoid people landing on your profile from contact suggestion options.
So, if you are looking for steps to remove your mobile number from Instagram, welcome you are in the right place.
In this post, “How to remove your phone number from Instagram” describes a very simple method of this problem. Read the article carefully and follow the tips.
Remove phone number from Instagram account on Instagram app
- Before you see the method of removing your phone number from your Instagram account, know that if you link your phone number to your Instagram account, you will not find contacts in Instagram from your contactlist.
- Also if you ever forget your password, you will not be able to retrieve it using your phone number. So, before you see the procedure, make sure you add an email address to your Instagram. This allows you to recover passwords with email if you forget them.
To remove phone number from Instagram account, follow the steps below:
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device. If your account is not logged in, log in first.
- Click there to find the profile icon on the right side of the screen.
- Click on ‘Edit Profile’, you will find it right below the bio section.
- Under Editprofile, scroll down and tap Personal Data Settings.
- Add an email address if the email address is not already there in the Personal Information Settings.
- After adding an email address, click mobile number. Click and delete it.
- Tap the next menu to save changes.
- Finally, your number will be deleted from the Instagram. You can check it in the profile section.
How to remove phone numbers from the web version of Instagram
Removing a phone number from Instagram is not a big deal. You can easily do this with your mobile app. However, if you have any difficulty removing personal numbers from the app, you can go to the website version. Here are some steps for him:
- Visit the Instagram web in a browser.
- Enter your login certificate in sign in option.
- Click on your profile icon when you enter Instagram. Then click the Edit Profile button.
- In the Profile Edit section, you can see the contact number mentioned at the bottom of the email address.
- Now click here to delete the number and submit the information.
After successfully deleting your number from your Instagram account, the confirmation email email will be sent to your email address.
How to disconnect contacts from Instagram account?
Maybe for some reason you want to be private and don’t want to remove your phone number. As we have already said, you can use Instagram features to stay private. Such as personalising your account, blocking users and moving your phone number. So if you don’t want to move your phone number, you can disconnect contacts from Instagram account.
To do this, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the Instagram application on your device.
- 2.Log in to your account as needed.
- After you log in to your account, you will see the home as the default.
- Now, you can see the profile icon in the navigation bar below, click there.
- After that click on three horizontal lines and swipe left to open the menu.
- Click Discover People in menu option now.
- If a pop-up message arrives, click Not Now.
- Now, find connection contacts and click Connected.
- You will find the option to disconnect contacts here. You can disconnect by clicking on it if you want.
The above steps show how you can disconnect contacts from your Instagram account. After you disconnect contacts, previously synced contacts will be automatically deleted from your account and you will not see any friends from contacts using Instagram and vice versa.