Are you looking for How to send GIFs on Snapchat? Then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ve written different ways to send GIFs on Snapchat in a few simple steps!
Your Quick Answer
- First open the Snapchat app on your phone.
- Then take a snap.
- Now click on the sticker icon.
- Choose the GIF option.
- Select the option you want to use GIFs.
- Finally, add it to the picture.
Snapchat is an Original Gangstar app for all casual conversations between friends. This platform features many customizables. Which makes you challenge your inner creativity. Whether it’s sending random snaps to your friends or having a long conversation, Snapchat lets you have your own twists in everything.
Also Read: What does pending mean on snapchat?
A great feature in Snapchat is the ability to add GIFs to it. Since Snapchat is essentially a photo-sharing app, their entire focus is to make these photos as interactive and creative as possible.
GIF stickers are extremely popular on Snapchat and are all for good reason. These dynamic emojis are not only funny but also give life to your photos. Enhances the overall digital experience manifold.
You must know how fun GIFs can be. So, in this article, we’ve explained to you 4 solutions to How to send GIFs on Snapchat.
Also Read: Watch Someone’s Snapchat Story without Knowing Them
How to create your own GIF
GIFs means it is a graphics interchange format. This GIF is basically a moving, animated image that continues to run in a continuous loop. They can add a different dimension to your still and boring picture.
Using GIFs is so much fun that we can only continue an entire conversation using these. But how can you create your own GIF? If you want to find out, follow the following steps well.
Also Read: How to make a private story on Snapchat
For this purpose, first of all, let’s say, if you want to create your own custom GIF, you have to use the GIPHY app. So let’s get started without delay.
- Install the GIPHY app from your phone’s App Store.
- When installed, open the app on your phone and click on the “Create” button.
- You will have 3 different options. You can choose whatever you want. -(1) Smile icon, (2) Take a picture and (3) Gallery option.
- Smile icon: This will allow you to use the edit option to create your GIFs.
- Take a picture: With the help of this option, you can take a picture on the spot. And you can easily turn this picture into a GIF.
- Gallery option: You can also choose a picture from your gallery if you want. GIFs can also be created by selecting pictures from gallery.
- Now choose any one of the options you like and start creating
- Once you’re done, click on the arrow in the lower right-hand corner
- To save GIF, go to the created GIF and tap on the 3 vertical points and finally click on save GIF.
This GIF will now be successfully saved in your image. You can easily access it whenever you need it.
Also Read: What Happens When You Block Someone on Snapchat?
How to send GIF on Snapchat Snap
Adding GIFs to your Snaps is very easy. You’ll need to follow a few steps to edit it.
- Open your Snapchat app on your phone and log in to your account.
- Then take a snap or upload a picture of your choice from your gallery.
- Now click on the sticker icon to add more elements to the snap.
- Then many options will appear. Select the GIF option from here and choose any GIF of your choice.
- Once you select the GIF, it will be displayed in Snap, adjust and place wherever you want.
- Finally, click on the arrow in the bottom right corner to send snaps to your friends
You go there, now you can add GIFs directly to your Snaps!
Also Read: How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat
How to send GIFs on Snapchat from your Camera Roll
Unlike the previous case where we added small animated GIF emoticons to images, if you want to send a funny GIF on Snapchat that you found on the internet, here’s how to do it.
- Make sure you have the GIF you want to upload in your image gallery
- Go to the gallery and locate the GIF
- Click the share button and choose the Snapchat icon
- The GIF will appear on Snapchat, choose whether you want to share this GIF with your friends or post it as a story.
Also Read: Fix Snapchat Failed to Send Problem
How to send GIFs on Snapchat Messages on your Android
To send GIFs to your friends on Android directly from a keyboard, you must first install the GBoard application on your smartphone.
How to Activate Gboard on Android
Follow these instructions to download and activate the Gboard app and send GIFs directly with this app
- On your Android phone, install the Gboard app.
- Launch the application. Now click “Enable in Settings”.
- “Language & input” will appear under Settings menu .
- Select the Gboard option from the mentioned keyboards.
- Now click on “Select Input Method”.
- A pop-up window will appear with default keyboard options, select “GBoard”
- For the third step, click on “Set permissions”
- Choose the “Allow” option
- Finally, click “Done”
With these steps you have activated Gboard which includes lots of GIFs.
Also Read: How To Clear Recents on Snapchat
How to send GIFs on Snapchat with Gboard
Now that you’ve installed Gboard, you can start sending GIFs in Snapchat conversations. Follow these steps to find out How to send GIFs on Snapchat with Gboard.
- First open the Snapchat app on your Smartphone and log into your account.
- Click on the “Chats” button in the bottom menu
- Select the friend you want to send the GIF to.
- In the chat, open the keyboard and select the “GIF” option
- You will find many options to choose from. Select the GIF file which you want to send
- Send the GIF by clicking on the blue arrow
Ok, it’s as simple as that! Now you can send GIFs directly to your friends.
Also Read: How to Remove Phone Number from Snapchat
How to Send GIFs on Snapchat Messages on iOS
You can directly send GIFs to your friends via Snapchat messages using your iPhone’s GIPHY keyboard. But first, you’ll need to enable the keyboard.
Enable GIPHY Keyboard on iPhone
- On your iPhone, go to the Apple store to install the GIPHY application
- Once the app is installed, you will need to enable the GIPHY keyboard on your iPhone.
- To do this, go to the iPhone settings menu and tap on “General”
- Scroll down to select Keyboard option, again click on “Keyboards”
- Now you will see all added keyboards. To add GIPHY, click the “Add New Keyboard” button
- Scroll down to select “GIPHY” under the Third Party Keyboards category
- Now go back to the keyboards menu and click on GIPHY
- Activate the button “Allow full access”
Now that you have enabled GIPHY, in the next step we will show you how to use the GIPHY keyboard.
How to send GIFs on Snapchat Using GIPHY Keyboard
- Launch the Snapchat app and click on Chat
- Select a friend to open their chat
- Open the keyboard and press and hold the globe icon
- Select GIPHY to launch the keyboard
- Multiple GIFs will appear, tap any GIF to send them
- Finally, click on the send option
You can now start sending GIFs directly from your keyboard.
Why don’t GIFs work on Snapchat?
Suppose you are trying to send GIFs on Snapchat via chat or by adding them to the image. But when you click the GIF button, the function does not work. Or if after following the methods mentioned above, you are still unable to send GIFs on Snapchat, then you need to update your Snapchat app first.
As the GIF feature is quite new, you need to update the app to the latest version to find all the new features added.
If you like this blog and looking for other Snapchat related tutorials, we have it. We’ve written all about best Snapchat related queries.
Thanks for reading this article. Visit again for more informative articles like this.